Friday 5 June 2009

Day 1: Finally In Amsterdam

So....We should Be in Tanzania but listening to a very bad rendition of Zorba's Dance played by some very weird looking Dutchman at the Hotel restaurant Schiphol A4?

I am having to restrain Keilah from joining in by my self, because Ruth and Naomi are incapable...does this have anything to do with the (free) Red wine, I ask...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tomorrow we have been assured by the chief executive of KLM (well really a baggage handler Number 136-574) that all will be well come 9am.

We will arrive in Kili safe and well and invigorated for the tasks ahead...This is TRUE Rotary service at it's best! (Hic!)

~Peter


So the discovery that I can sleep anywhere...TRUTH (see the attach picture which will arive later).

No sleep for two days and very uncomfortable cat naps in airport charis...lovely start to my Great African Adventure...Are We Having FunYet? Well now that I've eaten all this free food and can sleep in the two (free) beds in a room by myself with a Texas size TV...OHHHH YESSS...I mean....uh....can't wait to get to those msquito nets...

~Keilah


May I say Peter that we are not the only one with the red wine, and who is the light weight heading up to bed right now, who is so much of a girl when getting ready for dinner being the last one down having boasted that he would only be 10 minutes. How often do 3 women get to wait for one man.

Whilst tired and enjoying the red wine, it has been a long day. We have met a number of remarkable people who have also put up with the madness of today and joined us on our flight to Amsterdam. Whilst we should be in Kili, lets be grateful that we are still having fun. And oh my god what is wrong with me as that is far too tame a line to come out of my brain.
'Surely only in Amsterdam you can find a vending machine with champagne, beer and various spirits'
...Naomi---


What? A computer, I thought I was supposed to be in Africa. Oh it's Holland - Amsterdam, wierd. This is supposed to be my break from them but apparently this is a BLOG(?), I still don't understand ("says the computer geek" - Naomi).

Well yes, will be there 24 hrs late, better than some other things that are out of my control.

Red wine - great healer
Food at hotel - yummy
Waiter - musn't comment (girls say fine even if cheated us out of ice cream)

Oh my goodness gracious I'm leaving Europe for Africa.

Love to all ( you know who you areXXXXXXXX)

.... Ruth


No comments:

Post a Comment